[access-uk] Re: improvements to narrrator in windows 8

  • From: Gordon Keen <gordonkeen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 14:29:49 +0100

I agree with the reviewer, they have learned a lot from apple voiceover and
while it's still a beta it shows promise.
Will the access technology developers try to get it crippled though as they did
before?

It may be true that many MS developers have apple machines, my son worked for a
U.K. mapping solutions web company that was bought by MS and when they were
moved over to MS they were offered a choice as to which laptops they wanted,
all but two picked mac book pro machines and showed their MS co workers that
windows ran faster as a virtual machine in that environment than on a windows
high  end laptop, perhaps the word got around.

Cheers

From Bridgerule in glorious Devon, England.