[access-uk] Re: iPod Shuffle - USB device not recognised

  • From: "brian hartgen" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 10:42:59 +0100

Hi Sunil

Did you know you can also make MP3 files bookmarkable within iTunes? Here's how.

1. Import the MP3 into iTunes.

2. Select it and choose Convert to AAC.

3. Find the file with Windows Explorer.  It should be in
My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Unknown Artist\Unknown Album

4. Change the extension from m4a to m4b.

5. Import this renamed file into iTunes. The resulting file is bookmarkable.

At this point, you have three files with the same name in iTunes. They are sorted with the most recent file
last, which is the one you want. Check the File Info option to make sure
the file is reported as a protected file. Then import it into your iPod.

Brian Hartgen
E-MAIL: brian@xxxxxxxxxxx
MSN: brian@xxxxxxxxxxx