[access-uk] iPlayer forward and rewind

  • From: "Bruce Johnston" <bruce.johnston1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 19:06:35 -0000

Hi all,
Along with others on this list I have previously found it impossible to fast
forward or rewind when listening to a TV programme on the BBC's iPlayer.
However, I have discovered that when playing a programme if the quick key "B"
is pressed until I am on the scrub button and enter on it, I am presented with
10%, 20% choices up to 90%. Entering on any of these will take me forward into
10%, 20% of the programme etc. Likewise pressing the 10% button will move me
back to that point if I have gone by that point in the programme.
I am using JAWS 10, Adobe flash 10 with windows XP. I hope this is of help, and
my apologies if it has already been mentioned on this or other lists.

Regards, Bruce