[access-uk] Re: iPhone problem

  • From: christopher hallsworth <challsworth2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 18:55:07 +0100

SOrry to jump in here, it's not called iText; it's iMessage. iMessages are sent
over wifi or cellular data whereas sms or regular text messages are sent over
GSM. iMessages do not incur charges unless you use cellular data that has a
monthly cap. Sms on the other hand are charged as per your carrier's sms rates.
Yes, some still charge especially on Pay and Go but these are becoming less and
less now.

On 6 May 2015, at 17:32, CJ &AA MAY <chrisalismay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What’s the difference between an ordinary text and an I-text?
Alison