[access-uk] Re: iPhone help

  • From: Shaun O'Connor <capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 15:22:38 +0100

the problems you refer to are sadly not rumnour, thee are reports in some press outlets will see if i can sniff out some details it is definitely an issue with the latest ios update.
On 17/09/2015 14:21, Jackie Brown wrote:

Hi John

I have purchased Jonathan's book as well, and will try to find time to read
it on my U2, perhaps while hanging around at the airport. I seem to
remember doing that with iOS 8 last year! It is a very good resource to dip
into.

I have changed the Alex voice to the female Siri on my iPad Mini, but that
is about it for now as I haven't had much time to play around with the new
update. I had to reset my settings, which is a complete pain, because the
UK Siri voice wouldn't change from Alex despite rebooting my iPad. It works
now and sounds not bad so far.

I did hear of a nasty bug with iOS 9 and iPhone, where it seems to crash
when you try to answer a call, but perhaps this is rumour, or perhaps it is
only with certain models? Jonathan Mosen tweeted this info last night, and
AppleVis have mentioned it. But people's experiences differ greatly with
these things sometimes, so watch this space!

Kind Regards,

Jackie Brown
Emails: thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx
jackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Read my EyeWrite blog: www.thebrownsplace.info/?page_id=136
Follow me on Twitter: @thebrownsplace
Skype: thejackmate

From: Janet Bell <janet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, 17 September 2015 1:04 pm

hi John

don't want all the news from the states at present.

From: Janet Bell <janet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, 17 September 2015 12:51 pm
Subject: [access-uk] iPhone help

Afternoon all,

Firstly I'd like to thank everyone who made suggestions as to what I
should do with my iPhone. Because nothing was happening I took it
to a store and they restored it to factory settings and then updated it
for me.
Whilst I was in there I asked about the apple news app and was told
that it is either a regional thing or it is just available in the
states for now.

Thanks once again to you all

Janet