[access-uk] iPhone Settings Question

  • From: "Gordon Atkinson" <g.atkinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 20:38:12 +0100

Hello, Folks,

I am asking this question on behalf of a friend.

He has an iPhone 4 with the latest I O S 6 installed.

When he receives a text message, VoiceOver starts to read out the message automatically.

He has tried setting the phone back to defaults but the messages are still being read out.

Does anyone know how to turn off the speaking messages so that he only hears the tone.

Many thanks.

Gordon Atkinson