[access-uk] Re: how to set margen in ms word 2010 on selected text

  • From: Paul Warner <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 16:22:52 +0100

Most people are familiar with the idea of the left margin for a page. In Word, you can set margins for the right side, the very top of the document and the very bottom. The top margin is often referred to as the header.

Assuming you are using Word, go to the Page Layout tab on the ribbon and find Page Setup which will include the Margins menu. Pressing Enter on that brings up the Margins dialog. Depending on your version of Word, there could be a series of template margins such as normal, narrow, wide etc., each with their own measurements for the four margins in a document. There will certainly be a button in the dialog which will enable you to enter specific measurements for each of the four margins. Again, you will need to be clear whether your 1.5 is to be in centimetres or inches.

Hope this helps.

Paul

On 19/08/2013 16:04, austin pinto wrote:
hi all please excuse me for such a basic question.
i have just got a clarical job in a office in which i must take down
dictations and letters so my office administrator told me that he
wants 1.5 header margen at the date can some1 please tell me what does
this mean and how to set it with nvda? i asked for sighted help they
went to view tab and checked on ruler and changed it with mouse how do
i have to change it with the keyboard?

--
Paul Warner VICT Consultancy Software development and assistive technology training www.vict-consultancy.co.uk Sales of vTurbo and vMouse for NVDA trigger donations by our sponsor to NV Access