[access-uk] Re: how to make a prog open automatically at start up

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 15:14:09 -0000

Here is a technique for Windows XP users that will work if the icon for
the software is available on the desktop, hopefully it is.

1       Go to desktop using Windows+M and use letter or navigation keys
to locate the icon that starts the program you wish to have run
automatically when Windows starts.
2       Then press control+C to copy this icon to clipboard.
3       Now press tab until you reach the "start" button.
4       Press shift+F10 or Windows Application key to get a context menu
and select "open" by press enter on it in the menu.
5       Now use arrow navigation keys or letter P for locate "programs"
and press enter on it.
6       Press navigation keys or letter S for "Startup" and press enter
on it, this is the folder into which you can put any program shortcut
and Windows will run it when it first starts.
7       Press control+V to paste the program shortcut into the "Startup"
folder.
8       You can now close all windows and restart Windows itself, the
software that you require to autostart will do so after you log into
Windows automatically.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx