[access-uk] Re: how to get the kindle talking

  • From: John Gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 10:50:54 +0000

Hi Steve Jackie and all
it seems a terible shame to me we cannot do anything concerning access to these devices I know our totally blind community is small but it is so sad it's halfway there.
I must say I get real pleasure reading books from the kindle.
surely if we could all pull together something could be done.
with all the new stuff out now we are loosing in some quarters especially reading. everything we buy like the new gps costs us loads more so using main stream is the way forward for many of us.
like the t vonics it costs very small amounts to get it right.
At 10:24 02/11/2012, you wrote:
Jackie,

Unfortunately that hasn't changed. The only thing I'm aware the update
did for accessibility was add that quick method of turning on Voice
Guide.

Steve