[access-uk] Re: how to extract the soundtrack from a digiTV recording

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 17:40:08 -0000

Hi Pele and CarolSteve,

I've been looking at this again and it all seems a bit messy and time
consuming!  ...  I'd sooner play using the video recorder and record into
GoldWave (using "What you Hear", or whatever the equivalent for just getting it
through the sound card).  This may well be doable.  The problem I have, really,
with the whole system is a fault with the audio description using Freeview in
that it's too low in volume.  (We don't have this problem when using Cable.)

Now, is there any way you can think of to up the volume of the audio
description whilst listening (or even recording from that recording) using the
video recorder?

It's all a bit make shift, but I'd like to have something that's a bit more
workable than just using the video recorder and, at the same time, hopefully
something that then can be transferred quickly and easily to an audio device of
my choosing.

If anyone else has thoughts on this, please chime in here.

Cheers.

--
Carol
carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx