[access-uk] Re: helping my friend with his pc

  • From: George Bell <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 11:24:09 +0000

Hi Adrian,

You don't mention what operating system is being used.

My first suggestion would be to get one of the free anti-virus programs
installed on to a USB flash drive on a good system.  If I'm not mistaken ESET
(and others) do free trails, although better to buy if they can afford it.

By running the program from a flash drive initially, it should avoid many of
the issues which could arise if actually installed to a suspect system.

Once you are satisfied that the system is clean, I suspect the other problems
have more to do with local settings.

George.