[access-uk] Re: help with twitter

  • From: Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 22:59:11 +0100 (CET)

Fran,

Different people use Twitter in different ways, so any advice people give you
is provisional, and you can change your mind about a lot of things later if you
find it's not going how you want it.

I use Twitter a lot to store links to news stories and people I find
interesting for some reason. Very basic.

But you will get more from it if you hook up with people who share an interest
or just look entertaining, or watever floats your boat.

It may be a good idea to find people to follow, and eventually some of them
will also follow you if you've put up stuff that interests them.

The search box at the top of the Twitter screen lets you find people you may
want to follow, whether it's the Dalai Lama, Stephen Fry or someone from your
local glee club. If you search for a common name such as martha Jones, you may
get dozens of people of that name in a list, and somehow or other you will want
to find the right one by eliminating those that aren't relevant.

If you get a tweet from someone else, appearing on your page, and they look
interesting, find a link in the tweet that starts with the @ sign. This takes
you to their profile, which includes more info about them and a follow button
for you to press if you still want to follow them.

You can also search forr hash-tags, those links that start with a # sign. You
can, for example search for #blind #accessibility.

Hope that's useful as you get started. Have fun with it!

Vince.

Message Received: Feb 02 2014, 08:50 PM
From: "Fran Holman"
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] help with twitter

Hi as this weather is so atrocious and even the dog refuses to go for a walk,
thought I might get into twitter.  Could anybody give me a few hints.  For
instance how do I follow someone, and how do I post a tweet.  I think I have
registered as I get messages from twitter.
Any help would be really appreciated.
Best
ran.

is active.