[access-uk] help with pc

  • From: "Adrien Collins" <adriencollins22160@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'access uk'" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 08:03:02 +0100

Hi

I need some help with my pc, firstly, if I leave it off for
a period of time, i.e. over night, when I go to boot up in
the morning, the power supply is making a lot of noise, it
takes 7 or 8 attempts by pressing the on off switch before I
can get it to boot up normally, I am sure it is the power
supply that is making this noise, the fans are putting out a
lot of cold air so I know it is not the fans. I am sure I
need to replace the power supply, once it is working it can
work for days until I turn it off again and reboot it after
a few hours. How can I easily find out what power supply I
need without sighted assistance? The power supply is the
type with a switch at the top.

Secondly I would like to increase the ram, is there a way
for me to find out what type of ram I need to get?

Regards

Adrien