[access-uk] Re: help with my laptop please

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 12:08:46 +0000

hi adrien.

what steps are you going through to assign a password to the account?

cheers,

Mo.

On 19/01/2015 12:06, Adrien Collins wrote:
Hi

I wanted to add a password to my user account, I set up the
password and to test it, I rebooted windows. Normally I
would get a few minutes of tones and then the windows 7
start sound but with the password, it immediately goes to
the windows 7 sound, I have to put in the password, it loads
some of my account but I only get a few chimes as programs
load. It normally takes me a good 5 minutes to boot into
windows. I can access some of my programs, the screen
readers load etc, ok. I wanted to load outlook, none of my
passwords for my e-mail accounts are there. I removed the
account password, rebooted my laptop, everything works fine.
Everything is as it should be. I am using a lenovo b590
windows 7 pro laptop. I would like to put a password in as I
will be travelling a lot and will be taking the laptop with
me but what could be causing this problem? I have a
suspicion that my user account isn't loading completely or
properly, I suspect it is one of the lenovo programs that
are installed on here. I have disabled as much as I can in
the past. I don't keep anything personal on here but I need
some way to secure my laptop, hence the password. I have
tried rolling it back I have the same result each time I try
and put the user account password back. All my personal data
is stored on usb thumb drive. I have never had this problem
before. There is a program on here called lenovo password
volt, not sure what that is. My pc is working perfectly
without the user account password. Help.

Regards

Adrien