[access-uk] Re: help with folders

  • From: "John Gregory" <jgm.gregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 10:26:33 -0000

Andy,

In Windows 7 you can 'restore previous versions', so theoretically it should
be possible to restore the folder, but haven't tried this with folders, so
not sure whether it will work. Anyway, what you do is:

1. Go to the folder where you had the folder you deleted, for example, if
the folder you deleted was in c:\windows\users\andy\documents\emails, then
go to c:\windows\users\andy\ and then highlight 'documents';

2. While 'documents' is highlighted, press the 'application key', this is
situated to the left of the right control key;

3. In the menu that appears, use the down arrow key until you get to
'restore previous version' and press enter.

4. A dialog box will open giving you the opportunity to go back to an
earlier time today or last week. Choose the point you want to go back to and
choose 'OK'. Follow any further instructions that may appear.

Hopefully this will restore the folder to the previous date and, with any
luck, restore the deleted folder too.

Cheers.

John.