[access-uk] help with audio description

  • From: "Adrian Higginbotham" <adrian.higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 14:16:28 +0100

Hi all:

I wonder if a few listers with access to AD could do me a quick favour please.

Can you switch to childrens ITV, channel 75 on freeview, and tell me:

What service are you using, E.G freeview, sky, other,

What device are you using, E.G netgem, sky box, other,

Does the program you are watching have AD?

What program are you watching, or if you don't know on what day and at what
time are you watching.

And finally is the performance as it should be, can you hear the program audio
and if applicable AD audio as you would expect to on any other channel using
the same set-up.

You can reply to the list, or to me directly at Adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm looking specificly at CITV only, and would like at least one reply from
each of freeview netgem users, freeview other set top box users, and users of a
service other than freeview.

Thanks very much for any help.

Best wishes

Adrian Higginbotham,

Manager, Leading edge research

Tel: Direct dial 024 7679 7333 - Becta switchboard 02476-416994

Email: Adrian.Higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Web: http://www.becta.org.uk/ <http://www.becta.org.uk/>

BECTA, Millburn Hill Road, Science Park, Coventry, CV4 7JJ