[access-uk] Re: help wanted

  • From: "Michael Ray" <mike.ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 20:27:48 -0000

Hello Julie.

As a software developer I can tell you right away that what this message is, is known as an 'Untrapped Exception'. It's a bad bit of programming.

I did a little search on Google for exactly this; 'BraillNote Apex' + 'class does not exist', and found several references from several BrailleNote users to this very error message.

It could be that there is a newer version of the firmware for the device. Firmware is the program inside the device. There is usually a method with such devices of upgrading the firmware, particularly to patch earlier bugs. Perhaps if you speak to the vendor of the BraillNote they will be able to help.

I think I would be right in saying this is a Humanware product? Unfortunately this is not the first untrapped exception I have come across in their products.

Mike Ray

----- Original Message ----- From: "Julie Rodaway" <guidingpaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>