[access-uk] Re: head phones

  • From: John Ramm <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 11:26:11 +0000

Hi David

I'm wondering whether you're talking about bone conduction headphones. These tend to sit over the top of your ears and make contact with your cheeks just in front of your ears. The sound travels through your cheeks and bones and you hear it without blocking your ears as you do when using conventional headphones. They're great for navigation as you can hear instructions and information while still being able to use your ears more or less in the usual way. I have a pair from a company called Aftershockz, but there are others available. They tend to connect using bluetooth and need to be charged from time to time. One of the nice things about mine is that they will report the battery level as high, medium or low at the touch of a button.

HTH, John

At 09:57 26/10/2020, you wrote:

good morning to you all,
Some time ago on a podcast I heard about head phone that did not go into the ear, or over the ear, but hung down from a head band.
I was wondering if anyone can tell me about these head phones and where one could buy them from?
David.** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq