[access-uk] Re: have TalkNav gone bust? and talks dealers

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 17:39:33 +0100

Hi Eleanor. I shall investigate, many thanks for letting me know!

all the best,

Mo.

On 16/04/2015 17:25, Eleanor burke wrote:

I think but I am prepared to stand corrected that perhaps Barbara Wilson in
Northern Ireland may also be talks dealer. Barbara used to be on this list and
she certainly pops up from time to time on the secondhand lists.

On 16 Apr 2015, at 17:05, Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Everyone.

I'm wondering if there is anyone on here from TalkNav or who can varify if
they've gone bust? Their phone's are going to voicemail, they're not accepting
any payments for talks license transfers and generally seem not to be trading.
You get as far as the payment gateway but then you get an error informing you
that the payment gateway information is invalid. I really wish as individuals
we could have access to the talks license server now that symbian's gone bust
and that talks is no longer being developed. I'm surprised they haven't made
talks a free product. Its alright saying why would people want to buy talks,
the fact is that I still know many people who would prefer Nokia phones as
opposed to the newer smart phones and its becoming more and more of a chore to
get talks license transfers done. Thankfully Sindi Systems were able to do one
for me earlier today, but I was warned that if they were out then it could take
longer in future... surprise surprise noone from the R
NIB tech team was available to help, though Ibrahim did do his utmost so the
utmost credit to him. I know comproom also do transfers, but unfortunately
steve isn't always around either or rather hasn't been when i've called. I
suppose the other question I have is how hard is it to become a nuance dealer
and cut out the middle man?
thanks for reading,

Mo.