[access-uk] Re: handheld DAB radios

  • From: "pele West" <pele.west@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 18:56:40 +0100

Hi kevin

I have the Grundig DAB Radio, which is very similar to the Pure and the
Roberts and my husband has the Perstel.

I don't know about your MP3 player, but we have played them both
through active speakers and they work perfectly.

Indeed, the Grundig uses the headphone as an aerial and it supposed to
switch off if there is no signal.  I accidentally left it on a few days
ago with nothing plugged into the headphone socket and it was still
working after 3 hours.  I am not sure where it was getting the signal
from.

The presets on the Grundig are accessed by scrolling through a menu,
but as long as you remember where you have put the stations, it is easy
to use.

The Perstel does not have presets.  It differs from the Grundig in that
it starts playing the next station as soon as you scroll to it.

Ian Macrae's review is very informative and well worth reading.

Let us know what you get.

Pele West