[access-uk] Re: google mail - deleting?

  • From: Douglas Harrison <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 20:12:33 +0100

Damon,
I am a relative newcomer to Gmail, but I find that if you check one
or two
items then move to More Actions and press spacebar, you can cursor
down to
Move to trash.  I then tab to the Go button and press spacebar.

However that only moves the items(s) into the deleted items folder.
get rid of them completely you have to select them in the list in
Deleted
items and activate the Delete permanently (or something like that!)
button.  I suppose that there is no need to do that since they give
you
plenty of storage space, but I like to tidy up things I am never
likely to
want again.

My problem is that I can find no way of selecting more than one item
at a
time.  I wish there was a Select All button -it would be easy then to
deselect anything which was to be retained.

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison