[access-uk] good scanner for thick books

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:16:33 -0000

Hi Steve.

Fair point, I have difficulty sometimes getting my books to flush with the bed
of the scanner, so I usually put a heavy object on the scanner lid to keep it
down.  Fortunately my scanner has a z-flip lid, so it can accommodate thick
books and I don't seem to miss any print.  As a rule, I always try and find
copies of books with large printing that is clear and easy to read thus
increasing accuracy, also I buy paperback editions which are easier to
manipulate in to the positions I need for good scanning.

All the best, Ibrahim.