[access-uk] Re: good registery cleaner?

  • From: Chipmunks <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:24:06 +0100

For an easy to use freeby, I'd recommend regscrub XP available from the program section on

www.jfwlite.com

A friend recently introduced me to another free registry cleaner   called

Abexo Free Registry Cleaner

http://www.abexo.com/

though I must admit i failed to find the free version download on that site.

Opinions seem to differ on the value and safety of cleaning one's registry. i myself have been doing it on a regular basis for years and never had any problems but I have met people who very much caution agains it as there is the chance that a registry cleaner might take out a value needed to run a program. Most registry cleaners offer the option to restore the cleaned objects and values though and i personally never had reason to do so.

I have never used a commercial registry cleaning package and therefore have no experience in this sector and also do not know if and what the advantages are of a commercial over a freee package.

hth

Doris

At 01:36 PM 1/24/2006 +0000, you wrote:

HI list:

is it good to clean your windows registry?
can anyone suggest to me a good, accessible registery cleaner for win xp?  I
don't mind paying for one.

thanks.

thanks.

Hope to hear from you soon.

from Martin.

Please email me at:

m.wilsher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks.

if you're interested in discussing everything soft toy animal related,
please visit my group at:

http://groups.msn.com/thesofttoyanimalcollectorsgroup

please visit my website:

www.martin-wilsher.co.uk