[access-uk] Re: going on-line at boot up

  • From: "martin wilsher" <m.wilsher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:22:22 +0100

Hi Andy:

you can do this in two ways, either have the shortcut for your isp in your start up menu, or tell outlook or outlook express to come up at boot by putting that in your start menu.

to do this:

1.  open windows explorer.

2. find my computer and then tab and hit h. this should bring you to your hd.

3. press enter, then, if you get a dialogue asking if you want to view the files in c, find the view files in this folder button with the tab key and hit the button with the enter key.

4. hit d until you hear documents and settings and hit enter.

5.  press space bar on all users and hit enter.

6.  hit s until you get to start menu and then hit enter.

7.  hit p until you get to programmes and hit enter.

8. hit the letter o, this should get you to outlook express short cut. copy this to your clipboard.

9. shift tab to the treeview and find your own directory by arrowing up. Mine is called martin, yours might be Andy, I don't know. once you find this, tab across and hit s until you get to start menu, hit enter on this.

10.  hit p for programmes and hit enter when you find this.
11.  hit s for start up and hit enter.

12.  paste from clipboard.

these stepts work for adding your freeserve short cut to your start up group, just substitute outlook express for freeserve and you have it.

hth
Hope to hear from you soon

From Martin.

Please email me: