[access-uk] Re: going broadband

  • From: "Peter Logue" <peterlogue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 20:07:15 -0400

Hi Jim,
Personally, I'll never go with Wanadoo again. After paying  22 pounds per
month for the larger 2 gig download  rate, and 19 pounds per month for what
I supposed was going to be 2 MB  kbps of download speed, I found my
connection really very slow. On checking I found that my download speed was
more like 750 kbps per sec. I called Wanadoo and was told that BT in my area
did not have the infrastructure to enable my 2 mb  kbps rate.  Fine, I
suggested, that's understandable, so what about some kind of rebate on my 19
pounds per month? After all, I agreed to pay for 2 mb kbps, which I'm not
getting, albeit due to BT and the lack of modern infrastructure, but could
we not come to some kind of agreement? .  Tough, says wanadoo, you read the
small print when you signed up, so ... too bad.

Peter

From beautiful Helensburgh on the Firth of Clyde.

MSN:peter_paul_logue@xxxxxxxxxxx

Website: