[access-uk] Re: going broadband

  • From: "Vince Thacker" <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 15:43:32 +0100

Jim,

Just be very clear with Wanadoo that you want to close your dialup account when you make the change. I had a few problems with the bureaucracy trying to make the change. The problem is that you may end up paying by different methods for the services, and never the twain will meet.

As for the b5roadband connection, it's very good if you're in an area where the phone lines can handle it. That is something you can check on Wanadoo's web-site.

You get a kit with the broadband modem, some filters to keep your voice calls and Internet operating in parallel without interference, a printed manual and a CD with the connection software.

I found it quite easy to get going, and have hardly ever had a connection problem. Occasionally, like today, I'll have to try twice to get on, but that doesn't kill anyone.

Wanadoo will soon become Orange,, as you may know.

Hope it goes well.
Vince.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim" <jimmcauslan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>