[access-uk] get_iplayer again

  • From: "Keith" <k.clyde@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 18:12:03 -0000

Hi Amro, and all,

I should have said when I first introduced myself, that I am very much a
novice when it comes to many computer programs, and to get_iplayer in
particular.

Until this week, I used get_iplayer in a very basic way: I kept strings of
text in a plain text file, and simply changed the name of the programme
between the quotes I wished to download. I then simply pasted the line into
get_iplayer, and everything was fine.

Now, that appears to have all changed, and I have to use the PID method. I
presume that PID stands for Programme Identifier. So, this is all very new
to me.

Does this mean that I have to acquire the PID for every programme I wish to
download?

Is there a command to download all episodes of a series? I suspect not.

I hope that someone can help, and explain things in fairly basic terms.

Thank you.

With all best wishes,

Keith