[access-uk] Re: ftp site

  • From: "john coley" <johncoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 19:45:51 +0100

Hi Leea, it's just a matter then of configuring it, telling it where the folder
with the stuff you want to share is, giving the server a name, which can be
anything, mine was just called john's ftp, setting how many people you want to
connect to it, if you want them to have free access or if you want to set a log
in and that's more or less it. It's been five years since I ran one, so I
couldn't give you a step by step, but there's bound to be instructions
somewhere.
  Once you've got it set up people connect to it using your IP address. You'll
have no problem finding your IP, as it will appear on the server's display.
  I don't know how jaws friendly bulletproof is now, but it was ok back then.
                    John.