[access-uk] Re: freeview

  • From: Carol Pearson <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 20:03:44 +0100

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your helpful comment. We'll check that out. I think we're as
organised now as we can be before the event and let's hope it all just
happens!:)
I'm surprised that so little has been said about this and that the only thing
we heard was via this list, thankfully.
Cheers!

Carol P
Sent from my iPhone using MBraille

On 31 Aug 2014, at 07:27 pm, "David Russelll" <david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Carol,

If you look in settings on the TVonics, you can set it up to update
automatically.  I think that is the default.

David

From: Christopher Hallsworth <challsworth2@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:  access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC:
Date: Saturday, 30 August 2014 7.36 pm

> Carol how can we put it simpler. All TVS as of recently I think 2012
> come with only a Freeview tuner. The Tvonics is also a Freeview tuner
> or be it a twin tuner as it records as well. So you will need to
> retune both to get the new and updated channels. The Tvonics should do
> this automatically though; not sure about TVs since they're all different.
> Sorry for the frustration.
>
> Christopher Hallsworth
> Student at the Hadley School for the Blind www.hadley.edu
>
> On 30/08/2014 18.47, ,c;arol.,p;earson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Thanks, Martin.
>
> Have looked at our post code and it's as clear as mud to me so guess
> we'll just have to wait and see what happens!
>
> Are we talking tuning the TV or the Freeview box here, please someone?
>
> Carol P
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "martin wilsher"
> <martinwilsher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
0was Ok, to bring it back to freeview, here is the tweet I sent out with
0was link to 0was digital UK.
0was
0was public service tweet$in the UK digital retuning is happening 0was
onblec/09/2014go2 0was http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/ put in your details 2 see
#if affected.
0was
0was -----Original Message-----
0was From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On 0was
Behalf Of 0was Shaun O'Connor 0was Sent: 30 August 2014 14.50 0was To:
access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 0was Subject: [access-uk] Re: freeview 0was 0was
very good point, I don't hear saga being promoted on radio so plainly 0was
they 0was are aiming their marketing at people who are doing quite well
health wise 0was thank you very mch!!ddggnote the implied sarcasm here). but
yes it is a 0was subliminal form of discrimination.
0was Marketing departments, especially those who work for very financially
0was solvent companies  employ hordes of behavioural psychologists and the
0was like 0was to find ways to get people to buy their products unwittingly.
0was increasingly
0was "targeted" marketing is the big game today go for the ones who can 0was
shell out 0was the most and **** everyone else.
0was
0was On 30/08/2014 12.33, George Bell wrote:
0was
0was
0was David,
0was
0was If even I meet you daughter, you'd better make sure she has a set of
0was ear plugs inserted.  I've seen that advert, and the kindest thing I
0was can say 0was about it is not for this list.  I've even have our cars
insured though 0was Saga 0was having had my free bus pass for the last 7
years.
0was
0was Just thinking out loud--isn't the term "visual media advertising"
0was somewhat discriminatory?   As in, "We don't care if you are elderly
0was and your
0was sight is deteriorating?"
0was
0was George.
0was
0was -----Original Message-----
0was From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 0was
[mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David W Wood 0was Sent: 30
August 2014 12.21 0was To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 0was Subject: [access-uk] Re: freeview 0was
0was George 0was 0was I had a conversation about this with my daughter a few
months ago.
0was She works for a visual media advertising agency in Soho and was the
0was production director on an advert for Saga.  Picture of the hotel where,
0was supposedly, it was started, and pictures of Folkestone.
0was Nice music, footage of cruise liners (inside and out), some script,
0was but the only speech was "and it all started from this little hotel in
0was Folkestone".
0was Meaningless!
0was
0was Apparently the reason is that they aim to imprint images on the mind
0was to stimulate resonance with other visual forms, such as scaffolding
0was posters, 0was billboards etc.
0was
0was ATB
0was
0was David W Wood
0was
0was -----Original Message-----
0was From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 0was
[mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of George Bell 0was Sent:
Saturday, August 30, 2014 12.10 PM 0was To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 0was Subject: [access-uk] Re: freeview 0was
0was It's one of those adverts which drives me nuts.  It is displayed on
0was the TV screen SILENTLY.
0was
0was I guess after 30 years in this business I'm more aware of this kind
0was of thing than many others, but it still never fails me to amaze me how
0was many 0was adverts appear on TV which do not verbally mention the name
of the 0was product.
0was One of the most recent is a beautifully arranged piece of music, which
0was actually make me want to close my eyes enjoy it--all I can remember
0was is that 0was it's for coffee, and that's only because three bags of it
are shown where 0was the "Coffee" is prominently displayed on the bag.
0was
0was George.
0was
0was -----Original Message-----
0was From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 0was
[mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David W Wood 0was Sent: 30
August 2014 08.14 0was To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 0was Subject: [access-uk] Re: freeview 0was
0was David 0was 0was How did you find this out?
0was
0was
0was
0was ATB
0was
0was David W Wood
0was
0was -----Original Message-----
0was From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 0was
[mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Weston 0was Sent:
Saturday, August 30, 2014 7.27 AM 0was To: access-uk access-uk 0was Subject:
[access-uk] freeview 0was 0was Hi, just if you have not noticed but in the
MTh September some of 0was the channels on free view will be changing, so
one needs to reset the TB.
0was David.** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following 0was
link:- 0was ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
0was ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
0was ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
0was <mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
0was ** and in the Subject line type
0was ** unsubscribe
0was ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the 0was **
immediately-following link:- 0was **
[mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
0was ** or send a message, to
0was ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
0was <mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  with the Subject:- faq 0was
0was ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:- 0was **
[...]
0was PRIVACY IS A BASIC RIGHT--not A CONCESSION 0was 0was ** To leave the
0was ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq 0was 0was