[access-uk] Re: formatting an external drive?

  • From: "martin wilsher" <m.wilsher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 08:42:54 +0100

HI Damon:

I've just done this very thing!  I have a three hundred gig external hd, and
yes, just reformat by using the normal windows formatting commands.

I did the following.

went into windows explorer, found the external drive but did not open it up,
just highlighted it. went to the file menu, arrowed down to format, and then
followed the usual procedures for formatting the drive.  very easy to do.
btw, if you know the disc is sound you might want to quick format it, or if
you think it has been damaged, you might want to do a full format, which
checks for damaged sectors.

hth.
Hope to hear from you soon.

From Martin.