[access-uk] Re: for alasdair - New Accessible BBC iPlayer Beta - 3.1 - WebbIE

  • From: will lomas <lomaswilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 14:27:25 +0100

do they have audio description yet on the I player it is a damn joke, that we are still waiting for that yet sub titles appear instantly?

On 11 Aug 2008, at 08:31, Douglas Harrison wrote:

Marie,
I do apologise if I have confused things. The BBC have certainly made some changes and I now get the message you describe when I try to listen to anything later than 8th August.

There are several ways of handling Podcasts, but I suggest that you try the free client Juice (originally known as Ipodder). I am sure that a Google search will give you some download links. With Juice installed you simply add your chosen Podcasts addresses and it will automatically download and save the new podcasts as they become available.

Douglas

On 10 Aug 2008 at 21:49, Marie Baisez wrote:

Douglas, I used the link you provided and ran the file rather than
download it and get the same result, I get the same message from the BBC player, stream is not available at this time. Must investigate the podcast
then. Thanks for your help anyway. Marie ----- Original Message -----

--

Douglas Harrison