[access-uk] for Andy

  • From: John Gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk-freelists.org" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 11:36:03 +0000

Hi list,
Andy,
what I did was
my laptop has no bluetooth inbuilt.
so, I acquired a bluetooth usb device from my local computer shop.
now when I need to connect my e65 to the laptop I set up a connection to the phone and called it nokia e65.
I went in to the bluetooth software on the laptop to do this.
I have a nokia icon in my desktop so to use it I turn my wireless lan off with the switch on the laptop click on the e65 icon and in there connect it to the phone. for the first time you must set it up with a pass key like a pairing with any bluetooth device. as Derek says there are usb sticks you can get from say vodafone to connect in to the laptop but this costs at least £20 per month. as I work away a good deal I only need my internet on the phone when away so £20 per month is not required.
hth.