[access-uk] Re: firewall in xp.

  • From: Steve Nutt <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 06:55:58 +0100

Hi.

Yes, it is true, but you can turn it off.  But for my own opinion, I would
say that using the MS firewall is like using Narrator as opposed to
Window-Eyes or JFW.  Knowing how bad MS is at security, I don't believe I
would ever use their firewall.  Sygate is my personal favourite, but Kerio,
Sygate and Zone Alarm are all streets better than the puny MS offering.

All the best

At 01:51 08/07/2004, Mark Matthews spake these words of wisdom

Telephone mobile:  +44(0)7956 334938, Email:  Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web site:  http://www.comproom.co.uk
--
For a company brochure, send an empty message to Info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the quotes in the body of the message.  To join the tutorials list,

** vacation ## d