[access-uk] Re: finding the email address of someone and finding out the right spelling

  • From: "andrew shipp" <andrew.shipp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 11:03:05 -0000

Hi Clive It's ok I've done it Jackie's way and it worked for me. but thanks all the same.

-----Original Message----- From: Clive.Lever@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2014 11:00 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: finding the email address of someone and finding out the right spelling

Hello Andrew,

I don't know if this is quite what you mean, but often, if I've seen a message from, Lesley.brown at whatever dot net, I will copy the address from the "From field, paste it somewhere else, such as into the body of a test message, and then review the characters with the Arrows. Or, do the same with the address that appears under "---original message---" when you set up a reply to it. Your system would need to be set to include previous messages for that one to be of any use. I don't know if there's a keystroke you can press to make JAWS spell the address when you're in the From field that contains it. That way, you can find out whether it's Lesley with an E Y or with an I E, and whether Brown has a final E, and so on.

Hope this helps, apologies if I've misunderstood the question.
Best,
Clive

Clive Lever
Diversity and Equality Officer