[access-uk] Re: fat32 or ntfs

  • From: "Douglas Harrison" <harrisondf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 21:11:06 +0100

Andrew,
I have been following this thread with some interest because I am considering
getting
an external HD to use to backup important material from my lap top.  My current
method of using CDs is time consuming and does not get done as often as it
should.

However when I got my laptop I was surprised to find that they had formatted my
partition as Fat 32 and D (on which I store all my data) as NTFS.  Do you think
that it
matters in my case how the external drive is formatted - FAt32 or NTFS.  The
possibility of loss of data would rather defeat the object of the backup.

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison