[access-uk] Re: failing hard drive

  • From: "G. McFarlane" <gmcf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 08:34:43 +0100

Hi Terry

Try the following website:
http://www.r-tt.com/

I had a Maxtor One Touch which had problems and this program after setting the
parameters in the file menu (getting it to name files on the drive) did a
perfect job in restoring all the files. You can restore the whole drive or
particular files. Even files which could not be accessed although seen were
recovered perfectly. If you do recover the whole drive of course you'll need
one of similar size.

The program Undelete is good, but R-Studio seems more comprehensive. It's also
lesss expensive if you limit yourself to your single operating system. The demo
versions only allow small file sizes so if you're needing to recover
audio/video files you'll have to purchase the program outright, but it's web
downloadable.

Finally it's easily compatible with Jaws as is the download procedure.

Regards.

Gordon McFarlane