[access-uk] Re: external hard drive question

  • From: "Spring Flower" <spring.flower@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 14:28:52 +0100

thanks for the explanation

trace

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mobeen Iqbal
  To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, August 03, 2013 7:24 PM
  Subject: [access-uk] Re: external hard drive question

  no problem, hope it works out for you! for anyone technical in case you're
curious, they use the same driver software to control both drives, and
sometimes if you use the same USB ports that are connected internally to the
same connection, it doesn't like it. in other words, because the back and front
USB ports are on different internal connections you can sometimes get away with
using the drives in conjunction that way. they should really remedy it. i've
used seagate drives in conjunction for years without problems, its just western
digital and freecom that've ever played up for me.

  all the best,

  Mo.

  On 03/08/2013 19:10, Spring Flower wrote:

    righty ho, will do!! these are western digital in case you wanted to know
lol

    seriously, thanks!!

    trace