[access-uk] Re: experiment to make map info online accessible--please participate!

  • From: Léonie Watson <tink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 18:54:18 -0000

        Looking at the code that lies behind the forms, at least on the page
that asks for background information, there are a couple of issues. For
example, the form labels for Question 6 are incorrectly associated with
Question 8.

        Each form label should be associated with its corresponding form
input. This is done by giving the for="" and id="" attributes respectively
the same values. Although this has been done on this page, the id="" values
are not unique in every case, so the relationship between different labels
and form fields is getting confused.

        It's very easy to fix, but will make all the difference to people's
experiences completing the survey. I'd imagine that similar code issues lie
behind the problems you've described.

        For reference, some good code examples for accessible form inputs
and their corresponding labels can be found here:
http://www.accessify.com/features/tutorials/accessible-forms/form-examples.h
tm

Léonie.

--