[access-uk] Re: everything I need to know about Firefox

  • From: "Edward Green" <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 23:09:36 +0100

Hi Jillian,

I hope you're well.

Yes, Firefox is accessible, and the browser is free.  The commands you use with
your screen reader in Internet Explorer will work with Firefox and vice versa.
Bear in mind that you use control t to open the page dialog box in Firefox
rather than control o.

I'm not sure what you meant by character recognition, but there is a plugin to
Firefox that will enable capchas to be read by screen readers.

Capchas are graphics containing text that people have to enter when they're
signing up for accounts on sites such as Facebook, Yahoo, Clickbank etc.  A
plugin to Firefox called WebVisum will read some of them.

Hope this helps,

Ed