[access-uk] Re: elevated admin mode

  • From: Barry Toner <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 14:51:36 +0100

Hi Peter,

I know nothing about Duxbury.  There's a couple of things you can try.
Probably the quickest would be to temp change your account to an admin account.

1.        Hit start.

2.       Hit acc cursor to user accounts, press return.

3.       Tab to change your account, hit return.

4.       Change the radio button from standard to administrator, tab to
OK/apply your way out.  You may get UAC/password prompts along the way.
The other things you can do is look a the link I provided to log in using the
hidden admin account.  Or try running Duxbury in Admin Mode.  Find the shortcut
on yoru desktop, hit apps key, if a didn't work, (no idea why), cursor down to
Run as admin and press return.

Remember, if it breaks, you keep both pieces.  Smiles.

Barry.