[access-uk] Re: effective formatting of hard drive

  • From: "Peter Logue" <castle2008@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 14:21:02 +0100

Hi  Alistair,
DBAN is a self-contained boot disk that securely wipes the hard disks of most
computers and prevents or thoroughly hinders all known techniques of hard disk
forensic analysis. It will automatically and completely delete the contents of
any hard disk that it can detect, which makes it an appropriate utility for
bulk or emergency data destruction.

try http://dban.sourceforge.net/
Peter Logue

From beautiful Helensburgh on the firth of Clyde.