[access-uk] Re: eSET sMART sECURITY QUERY

  • From: Douglas Harrison <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 17:51:12 +0100

Thanks for this, Steve.  That puts a rather different light on the matter.  The
person I spoke to
at eset, if I understood him correctly, seemed to be saying that they include
plug ins to scan
mail (where possible) on entry to the PC, because customers want them, but they
are only an
extra level of protection and the real time scanning should  prevent any
malicious attachment
causing trouble.

Of course, unlike you, I do not hav antivirus protection at the server level,
but perhaps I am
being a little paranoid about the Gmail not being scanned.

Presumably what the Microsoft rep said applies to AVG, Avast, Norton etc. etc.
as well as the
Eset products.

Douglas

.    .