[access-uk] Re: eBay is thisa scam!

  • From: "Justin R" <mypc128@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:56:48 -0000

Hi barry and Derek,

I've had a similar ebay e-mail like this. The only difference is, it was from a member asking about a rolex watch I was "apparently" selling. I say apparently as this was news to me, lol!

I was very worried at the time and I contacted ebay. I forget the result exactly but, they didn't seem to be concerned. My account was intacked. So, god only knows what that was all about.

I get the idea your e-mail might be something similar to what I experienced.

Justin
----- Original Message ----- From: "Barry" <bbinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: member@xxxxxxxx<member@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 02:05:22 -0800

eBay sent this message!
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay.
Learn more.

Question from eBay Member -- Respond Now
eBay

eBay sent this message on behalf of an eBay member via My Messages.
Now button
below to respond to this message.

Question from user

Hello,

Dear user: Kimberly L Coffey has informed us that they have not yet received
your payment for the following item: 1915 Amatuer SG Photo BATON ROUGE LA.
Capitol Bldg. (#6219911642)

No action is being taken against your account at this time. However, it is
important to remember that when you bid on or buy an item you are agreeing
a contract between you and the seller. If the situation isn't resolved
within 7 days of this reminder, you may receive an Unpaid Item strike under
eBay's
Unpaid Item Policy or lose feedback privileges for this transaction, or if
you think that is a mistake and you don`t know who is Kimberly L Coffey
answer
to this message from Kimberly L Coffey and login into your account right now
to resolv the problem .

If you don't respond by Ian-29-2006 you may receive an Unpaid Item strike.

Most Unpaid Item disputes can be resolved through direct communication
between the buyer and seller, and we encourage you to work with your trading
partner
to reach a resolution. .

Regards,
Gretta.

Respond to this question in My Messages.

userISAPI.dllUPdate/index
userISAPI.dllUPdate/index
userISAPI.dllUPdate/index
userISAPI.dllUPdate/index
Respond Now
userISAPI.dllUPdate/index
userISAPI.dllUPdate/index
userISAPI.dllUPdate/index
userISAPI.dllUPdate/index
ws/eBayISAPI

Thank you for using eBay

http://www.ebay.com/

Marketplace Safety Tip
Marketplace Safety Tip

If this message is an offer to sell an item without winning it on the eBay
Web site (including Second Chance Offers sent through My Messages) please do
not respond to the sender. These external transactions are unsafe and not
covered by eBay purchase protection programmes.

Never pay for your eBay item through instant wire transfer services such as
Western Union
or
MoneyGram.
These payment methods are unsafe when paying someone you do not know.

Is this email inappropriate? Does it breach
eBay policy?
Help protect the community by
reporting it.

This email appears in the language of the eBay site where you are
registered.

Learn how you can protect yourself from spoof (fake) emails at:
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/education/spooftutorial

This eBay notice was sent to cwninnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of another
eBay member through the eBay platform and in accordance with our Privacy
Policy.
If you would like to receive this email in text format, change your
notification preferences.

See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have questions about eBay's
communication policies.
Privacy Policy:
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/privacy-policy.html
User Agreement:
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/user-agreement.html

Copyright © 2005 eBay, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective
owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of eBay, Inc.

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:- ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe] ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to: ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ** and in the Subject line type ** unsubscribe ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the ** immediately-following link:- ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq] ** or send a message, to ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:- ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe] ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to: ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ** and in the Subject line type ** unsubscribe ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the ** immediately-following link:- ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq] ** or send a message, to ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq