[access-uk] Re: dvd recorders

  • From: "Stephen Green" <STEPHEN.TINA@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 08:22:12 +0100

Hi Paul

we've got a   panasonic as well as a Samsung hard disc recorder. for those
who want to know, and are sighted, the panasonic  is the better choice, but
anyone without sighted help would be hard put to use either machine.

however, if you record a programme from your analogue aerial, the recordings
are automatically reviewed  when the item is highlighted in the programme
list. you then just press enter on the remote control and that recording
will play.

if you want to record programmes like this I'd recommend using digiTV on
your computer. however, it's not like recording and playing back on your TV
in the lounge.

so that's your choice - completely accessible recordings on your computer,
or almost totally inaccessible recordings and playback on your TV in the
lounge with a hard disk recorder.

regards

steve green