[access-uk] Re: dropbox folder help.

  • From: Jonathan H <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 12:10:57 +0100

I think there's a lot of confusion caused by a misunderstanding of
what Dropbox is, or does, and how it works.

If you can use folders on a computer, be it Windows, Mac or Linux, you
can use dropbox as it simply extends the windows functionality.

As Clive and Colin said, its most simple you can just get the context
menu for an item in dropbox, and select "share this folder", and the
link is automatically then in my clipboard for pasting in an email.

You can also think of it as a tunnel, a conduit, between two PCs. If
person B accepts person A's invitation to their dropbox folder, that
folder will then automatically appear on their PC, and anything added
or removed at either end will appear or change on the other PC. And
that includes folders.

99% of the time, you don't even need to interact with or use the
dropbox site or application - most stuff can be done from context
menus.

Simples. Capisce?