[access-uk] Re: dos

  • From: Jonathan H <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 20:34:01 +0100

I'm not sure I follow - so, you have a bookmark with the link of your
favourite paper, and your username and password saved plus autologin
if you want.

You drag bookmark to desktop - perhaps it's called "fish monthly" -
when your computer is booted up and logged in, you type "fi" and hit
enter and your browser is started, your site is logged in and your
publication loaded (assuming you don't have more than one shortcut
starting "fi" in which case just type more letters!)

I'm not entirely sure how DOS would speed this process up.

But if you REALLY want to use it, both the DOS prompt and Windows
Powershell are still available in all  editions of windows.