[access-uk] Re: disk imaging software

  • From: dudleym@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 19:58:58 +0100

Any idea where I can get this image for windows?

Martin

chris hallsworth recently said:-

Hi Martin.
I've heard of Image for Windows which is supposedly very accessible. It's shareware. I'm not sure of free solutions. Windows 7 comes with its own disk imaging utility, which is very good actually and I've used it to back up my installation to my external. Now if you want a program that will regularly take snapshots of your system and does a better job than System Restore then I am trialling Rollback RX. It seems very good and I've been able to not only roll back but also roll "forward" in time.
Hope this helps.
From Chris H in Derbyshire
Please check out my blog at http://chrishallsworth.klangoblog.net. Many thanks.

On 11/09/2010 19:11, dudleym@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi

I'm looking for a program that will allow me to take an image backup of
my hard disk and allow me to write it to another disk, something like
norton ghost. I need it to work within the live session of windows (not
DOS or booted from a CD and is accessible via jaws. If anyone knows of a
program or if you can confirm that norton ghost does this then please
let me know.

Martin