[access-uk] Re: disability rail card

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 20:52:53 -0000

Andrew, the site itself seems pretty accessible, but the application form is in
PDF format
and that could be quite challenging.  They do suggest though that you might
print it out and
get someone to fill it in.  The link to the form is at:

http://www.disabledpersons-railcard.co.uk/application/application.htm

If this is your first application though you'll need to get some proof of being
registered
blind and maybe other documentation too - the on-line form does mention a
Social Services
stamp.  At least printing the form out would save a little time in it being
sent out to you
from Newcastle.  I've found them OK in the past though as far as turn around
goes.

Renewal tends to be more straightforward as I recall they only ask for the
railcard number
and you can pay by credit card.  It is just the initial appplication that tends
to be more
drawn out.

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at: