[access-uk] direct input shoes and hearing aids

  • From: "Andy Collins" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 12:20:14 -0000

Hi all -

Hope this is ok for both lists: Audiology have sent me 2 direct input shoes
to fit my Siemens 2 pro digital hearing aids, but I can't quite see how to
fit them. In the package is 2 shoes, and 6 very small extra bits that might
be some kind of connectors, but I can't work it out. Incidentally, they just
sent the shoes, with no leads! so, even though I still need to get the
leads, can anybody tell me how to fit the shoes, it looks like they might
fit when the battery compartment is opened, as that seems to be the easiest
way they slide on to the aid, but if the battery compartment is open, then
the battery isn't connected to the aid, so no sound!

Anybody say what to do please? -

Andy