[access-uk] Re: description of the scrabble board

  • From: Les Smithson <lsmithso57@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 12:45:33 +0100

Hi: I used to play a lot of Scrabble with my family when I was
sighted. Now that I'm fully blind can anyone recommend a workable
Scrabble game that I could play with my sighted family?

Eleanor Martha Burke writes:

The playing board consists of 15 x 15 squares in the playing area. there are
pegs at the corners of each square to help locate the tiles in their proper
position.

on some squares there are labels with tactile dots and bars. these mark the
premium letter squares and premium word squares. to ensure that the board is
correctly orientated, turn it so that the markings on the premium squares
run horizontally at the bottom of the labels, nearest you. The board is then
facing you correctly, and can be rotated as each player takes their turn.

Eleanor

Les Smithson